by Carjamin Scott on September 26, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. CST
For the past several months, I have intensely focused on improving my mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Instead of relying on my phone calendar, I bought a paper planner to write down the things that I want to do for myself. I renewed my gym membership. I have been listening to chakra and meditation music. I have been attending bible study. And, I try to ride my bike at least three times a week. I’ve decluttered my social media and I only like or comment on things that speak to my new normal.
The social media algorithm working to collect this data is amazing, and not by accident, my Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter feeds have realigned to support me on this journey. This is how I found “Write Your Vision, Motivated” by Steve Harvey. Isn’t it great when you hear things at the right time and they seem to remind you that you are doing the right thing?
In it, Steve shares two scriptures (James 4:2-3 and Habakuk 2:2) that helped to change the course of his life.
James 4:2-3 You have not because you ask not.
Habakuk 2:2 Write your vision make it plain.
Then, Steve challenges the audience to meditate on the things we want from God and he gives guidance on how to imagine these things coming to fruition.
300 Wishlist Challenge
Here are the instructions for the 300 Wishlist Challenge
- Write down everything you want.
- Write at least 300 things. At 75, you might get stuck so begin to ask yourself a few questions.
- How many cars do you want?
- What kind of car?
- What color?
- Where do you want your next house to be?
- Do you want a summer home?
- Where do you want to travel to?
- How much money do you want in the bank?
- How much would you like to have when you retire?
- How much would you like to give your siblings?
- Read your list every night and every morning.
Visible Vision Board
Here are the instructions for Visible Vision Board:
- Take a photo of your vision board, this is your signal to God of what you want Him to do for you.
- Save the photo as your phone and computer screen saver to make your vision board visible and easily accessible.
Today, I am asking you to join me for Steve Harvey’s #300wishlist challenge. Grab a notebook and write down everything you are asking God for. Try to get your list done by the New Year, then let’s check in with each other to see what we’ve marked off our list.
Like this, please subscribe.
Request to publish or suggest a correction here.
Want to see more like this? Share this post and tag me!
Carjamin Scott can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can follow her on twitter @scottcarjie, instagram @carjiescott, and facebook at Dr. Carjie Scott.